Guidelines for Creating and Printing a Poster
1. Each person has one 42" by 36 " set up space per research project for displaying his or her poster on stands provided by the Science Division in the lobby of the Boyd Science Center. Please make the size of your poster 42 " x 36 ". Most posters are done in landscape orientation, but you can do it in portrait format.
2. Posters need to be in Microsoft PowerPoint. The size of the PowerPoint slide must be 42" x 36". Go to "Design" and then "Page Setup" to put the size in. Check with your advisor, faculty in your department or program, or the secretary in the science building with questions or to get your poster printed. There are examples of posters displayed the walls of the the second floor and the fourth floor.
3. Make titles and headings as large as possible to make your poster easy to read. Use graphics wherever appropriate to make your poster attractive.
4. Poster set up time: POSTERS MUST BE UP IN THE BSC LOBBY BY 3:00 p.m. ON WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 24.. You may start putting posters up at 12:00 p.m. on Tuesday, October 23.
6. To print your poster, check with faculty in your department or program. You may also contact the science building secretary at email@example.com. or go to the Science Office, Room 318. Please try to get your poster printed early.
7. Students should be present on at the Poster Session to answer questions about their research from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
8. All posters will remain on display until 12 NOON on Thursday, October 25 at which time they are to be removed by the authors.
(Abandoned posters will be discarded after 4:00 p.m. on Friday).