Dr. Stephen Van Horn (1999):
Associate Professor, Department Chair
Ph. D. University of Connecticut
Environmental Geology, Structural Geology, Introduction to Well Logging, Petroleum Geology, Subsurface Geology, World Regional Geography, and GIS.
Primary research / teaching specialties
- GIS applications
- Environmental Geology
- Contact metamorphism
- Structural control of igneous intrusions
Current research interests
- GIS planning on city development
- Water chemistry at the Wilds (a reclaimed coal mine)
- Dike emplacement mechanisms
- Garnet zoning and P-T-t pathways.