Social Sorority Organizations

Visit Student Organization Web Pages >>

Alpha Sigma Alpha
Alpha Sigma Alpha, Muskingum Chapter, started as an interest group on the fall of 1996. The national sorority was founded on November 15, 1901 with an original aim of a four fold object - the physical, intellectual, social and spiritual development of its members. Since 1958, Alpha Sigma Alpha has demonstrated a strong commitment to improving the lives of those who are mentally challenged through support of the Special Olympics and the S. June Smith Center which provides programs for children with developmental and learning delays. 

Chi Alpha Nu
The Chi Alpha Nu Club was established on the Muskingum campus in 1927. Its purpose is to provide and organize social life and loyal friendships for its members in accordance with the highest ideals of womanhood. The Kianus take pride in both campus and community involvement and strive to maintain the high standards and qualities of the club and to keep their presence on campus and in the community a strong and important one. 

Delta Gamma Theta
The Delta Club was founded during the 1917-1918 school year by six young women who had a vision of creating a club in which excellence on the campus could be displayed. While the Delta Club was started in an old attic, they have clearly moved on to bigger and better things. They are the second oldest club on campus and are celebrating over 80 years of Delta love & loyalty. 

Lambda Chi Omega
Lambda Chi Omega began its sorority for Christian women during the 2001-2002 school year. The sorority was founded upon its Four Founding Principles; Sisterhood, Spiritual Development, Scholarship, and Ministry. "Lambda Chi Omega is a sorority for Christian women to further develop their sisterhood. This sisterhood will work side-by-side with other Christian organizations to promote the common goal of ministry, but will also meet on a more spiritual and personal level as individual women that are bound together through Christ. The Lambda Chi Club is more than a physical place to gather, but a family that shares deep, meaningful relationships." 

Pi Phi Gamma (FAD Club)
The FAD Club was established in 1914 when several leading women gathered together to form the first women’s social club on campus. It began with twelve ladies that met to eat together at their home on College Street, where friendship and companionship formed the basis of their meeting. The ladies then proposed a name for their group, a name which is a secret and known only to members. 

Theta Phi Alpha
A national sorority, Theta Phi Alpha was founded at the University of Michigan in 1912 to provide close comradeship, to advance educational, social and philanthropic interests and leadership training, to encourage spiritual development and adherence to the highest moral standards, and to promote life long bonds of friendship. 

Visit Student Organization Web Pages >>

back forward