Business Office
Business Office
Student Accounts
Tax & Loan Information
Student Health Insurance
Payroll Dates & Forms
Purchasing & Accounts Payable
PNC ActivePay (Internal Use)
Online Forms
Mail & Copy Center
Human Resources Office
Computer & Network Services (CNS)

Tax & Loan Information

Education Tax Benefit InformationTaxes

The University is concerned that our students and parents have the necessary information to take advantage of these credits to assist with the expenses of higher education. To do this, we send each January the information required by the Internal Revenue Service and offer below direct links to information about the tax benefits available. These benefits consist of tax deductions and/or credits. Eligibility and which is best varies depending on the individual's circumstances. More information at:

There are other articles below on credits and other tax issues, including tax credits, dependents, 529 plans, how to read a Form 1098 and personal finance issues. Check them all out.

Loan Information

For information on your loan, please contact the provider listed below. Information on different loans available and applying for loans is available at the Financial Aid Office:

  1. Perkins
  2. Schell, Henry Strong, Martin Luther King, Caldwell and Hemphill loans
    • These loan agreements are also made between the University and the borrower directly.
    • UAS also services these loans and provides information on interest and payment.
  3. Federal Direct (formerly Stafford) and PLUS Direct loans
  4. Alternative Loans
    • Any provider of loans are acceptable to the University. Some of the providers are listed on the Financial Aid Office pages. The University will accept payment from any provider as long as payment is received within the payment due dates. Other arrangements must be approved by the Business Office as specified on the Student Accounts pages.

Other information

The Business Office staff also gives talks to both seniors and first year students on managing money. Our talk "Money 101" will be part of the First Year program's "Hot Topic Tuesday" presentations. We also present on financial issues to seniors for life after college. "Money 401" is offered in partnership with the Career Internship and Leadership Center. Look for information about both of these presenations.

Some articles we have written on the topic of personal finance. Please note that any tax advise is the opinion of the author and is general in nature. You should consult your tax professional about your situation:

Here are some useful links, including links to an ad campaign on saving called "Feed the Pig".

back forward