Major Areas of Study: SPANISH
Course Offerings and Major/Minor Requirements
By number with credit-hours in parenthesis.
For more information on a specific course, visit the department web site.
- 111, 112. Beginning Spanish I, II (4,4)
- 123. Masterpieces of Hispanic Literature in Translation (3)
- 211, 212. Intermediate Spanish I, II (4,4)
- 240. Business Spanish (3)
- 251. La Mesa de Español (1)
- 301. Advanced Spanish: Conversation and Pronunciation (3)
- 302. Advanced Spanish: Grammar and Composition (3)
- 303. Panoramas of Hispanic Literature I (3)
- 304. Panoramas of Hispanic Literature II (3)
- 325. Hispanic Civilization (3)
- 360. Topics in Hispanic Language and Culture (1-3)
- 431. Hispanic Culture Seminar (3)
- Major Requirements (33 credit hours)
- Spanish 123, 431
- One course from another foreign language at the appropriate level
- Attendance at La Mesa de Español (251) expected every semester, required when not enrolled in a Spanish course; 2 hours applied to major or minor
- 12 of the required 33 hours must be completed on campus before participating in a study abroad program.
- No more than two upper level courses taught in English are allowed to count toward major requirements.
Minor Requirements (17 hours)
- Spanish 123, 300-level course
- Placement at appropriate level with permission of department chair
Teacher Licensure Requirements
- Multi-age Foreign Language (Pre-K through age 21).
- Visit Education department pages for specifics
NOTE: Major/minor requirements are in addition to the Liberal Arts Essentials (LAE), which are required of all students to graduate.