Major Areas of Study: PHYSICAL & HEALTH EDUCATION
Course Offerings and Major/Minor Requirements
By number with credit-hours in parenthesis.
For more information on a specific course, visit the department web site.
- 200. Nutrition and Physical Fitness (3)
- 345. Personal Health (3)
- 365. School and Community Health (3)
- 380. Health Issues and Programs (3)
- 400. Health Curriculum, Methods and Materials (3)
Health Education Major Requirements (36 credit hours)
- Health Education 200, 345, 365, 380, 400
- Biology 105 (Genetic Frontiers and Biotechnology, Human Biology, or Human Diseases), 107, 121, 122
- Physical Education 149, 310, 470
Health Education Minor Requirements (15 hours)
- Fifteen hours of Health Education courses with at least 3 hours at the 300-400 level.
Teacher Licensure Requirements
- Multi-age health education ages 3-21
- Multi-age physical education ages 3-21
- Physical education majors seeking multi-age licensure, ages 3 through 21, in physical education and also athletic training certification may exceed 40 hours in Physical Education by 6 hours.
- Contact the education department for specific course requirements.
NOTE: Major/minor requirements are in addition to the Liberal Arts Essentials (LAE), which are required of all students to graduate.