Graduates of the Engineering Science, Physics, and Physics Education programs offered by the Department of Physics & Engineering at Muskingum University will
- Engage in life-long learning.
- Be effective communicators.
- Be effective team members and leaders.
- Apply their education to diverse fields.
- Be successful professionals.
- Be socially engaged citizens.
Muskingum University’s Mission Statement stipulates four goals for the educational program: intellectual, spiritual, social and physical development. The Engineering Science, Physics, and Physics Education goals support these goals by emphasizing four skill sets: critical thinking, positive action, ethical sensitivity and spiritual growth. These skills ultimately advance three ultimate outcomes: vocational productivity, personal satisfaction and social responsibility.