Assessment of Undergraduate Student Learning
at Muskingum University
Assessment relies upon four basic and fundamental elements:
- The articulation of goals for student learning
- The gathering of information that measures the degree to which the goals for student learning are being met
- Analyzing the gathered information, and (most importantly)
- Utilizing the information gathered so as to take action to improve – or to further improve – student learning.
"Assessment of student academic achievement is an
essential component of every organization's effort to evaluate overall
effectiveness...[and]...it is key to improving student learning.
Assessment...is fundamental for all organizations that place student
learning at the center of their educational endeavors."
The Higher Learning Commission Statement on
Assessment of Student Learning, February of 2003.
Assessment of Student Learning: Undergraduate Majors
- Undergraduate Major Program Assessment Results
- Undergraduate Major Program Assessment: Documentation
- Program Review/Assessment
Assessment of Student Learning: Liberal Arts Essentials (LAE) Program
Program Review/Assessment: Review of Undergraduate Majors Program
- Downloads of assessment forms
Assessment Resources For Faculty
- Details of Assessment policy at Muskingum University
- Forms for faculty
- External links