Assessment of Student Learning:
Muskingum University has 48 non-professionally (individually) accredited baccalaureate disciplinary and interdisciplinary majors. These 48 majors - whose departmental mission statements serve as their conceptual frameworks - are offered through twenty academic departments housed within four academic divisions. The faculty within each of the above departments or interdisciplinary majors define the learning goals for the majors' individual courses, as well as for the major program, itself.
While each such major program is responsible for articulating its plan to assess student learning, each plan also includes a set of components that are common across all of the majors:
- Goals for Student Learning
- Assessments Methods for Each of the Above Goals
- A Chart Indicating the Relationship between the Goals and the Methods Used to Collect Assessment Information
- A Description of the Process Used to -
- Evaluate Assessment Results
- Identify Strenghts and Opportunities for Improvement
- Formulate Action Plans Aimed at Improvement of Student Learning.
In addition to the above, Muskingum University also offers professionally accredited or certified undergraduate majors. The learning outcomes of these programs are largely defined by the accrediting association or governmental agency that provides that programs licensure or certification. The assessment of student learning, and the evaluation of the curriculum, thus, must fall in line with the accreditation standards of those organizations. The departments housing these professional programs are required to submit regular reflective self-studies that focus upon student learning and also to provide assessment data to the accrediting bodies.
Undergraduate Major Program Assessment Results
2010-11 Learning Assessment Progress Reports are available for examination in the Office of Academic Affairs.
Undergraduate Major Program Assessment Primary Documents
- Learning Goals and Assessment Methods
- Undergraduate Major Program Assessment Plan Creation Template
- Program Review/Assessment page.